Certificate in Biomedical Engineering
(NSDA Approved Course; Job Role No: 2019/HLT/AMTZ/3575)
The objective of this training program is to develop a pool of workforce which can be employed by focuses on the acquisition of skills necessary to use equipment designed to diagnose, and fix malfunctioning medical equipment.
As per the training modules at the end of the training, the candidate would be certified to perform following activities –
- Maintain, repair or provide technical support for biomedical Equipment.
- Train clinicians & other healthcare professionals on basic medical equipment’s like BP apparatus, ECG Machines, Patient Monitors etc.
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of biomedical equipment.
- Liaising with medical, engineering & scientific staff.
- Writing reports and documentation.
For Technician:Diploma in in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering / Medical Electronics / any other related field.
For Engineers: B. E / B. Tech in Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Instrumentation Engineering / Medical Electronics / any other related field.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fundamentals of Electricity and Electronics
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Hospital Engineering and Management
- Medical Terminology for Engineers
To see the thematic areas of modules click here
If candidate has qualified in any module, he /she can take assessment in new modules and get “Skill Certificate Approved by NSDA”.
The candidates certified in “Certificate in Biomedical Project Management” shall work in numerous facility projects, such as planning, controlling, monitoring, or closing process of a project. These professionals need to coordinate with vendors, request for bids or quotes, manage the requirements of stakeholders and monitor contractor performance. Also they can provide consultancy services, such as evaluating specific technical details, preparing detail project proposals and etc.